To enable participants to develop a greater understanding of the social work and police roles and responsibilities in the Joint Investigation process. This course is for an invited audience only.
Important note: It is essential that you have undertaken the Safeguarding Children e-learning prior to coming on this course (see additional information under full details), or you may be turned away.
If participants apply what they have learned from the course, they will be able to:
• approach Joint Investigations with confidence
• demonstrate communication skills in Joint Investigations
• evaluate complex information collected during Joint Investigations
• identify the ABE Guidelines
• apply appropriate criminal legislation to investigations
• demonstrate integrated working.
Links to Common Core Skills:
1. Effective communication with children, young people and their families
3. Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the child
5. Multi agency workings
6. Information sharing.
Important Venue Information
Please note that on Friday 12 January 2018 the session will be held at the Paediatric Sexual Assault Referral Centre (SARC) in Brighton.
The full details for this session will be confirmed on the first day of training on 9 January 2018. The address for SARC is:
Paediatric SARC, Brighton General Hospital, Elm Grove, Brighton, BN2 3EW. Phone: 01273 696011.
Preparation and Follow Up
Before attending any LSCB training course, participants must attend a Basic Signs and Indicators Child Protection course provided/commissioned by their own organisation or have accessed the Safeguarding Children online e-learning training course.
To complete this course go to the e-learning section on the East Sussex Learning Portal, enter the Children’s Workforce channel and click Safeguarding.
Refreshments are provided however lunch is not provided.