This 3 hour workshop is for staff who have or could have responsibility as a SPOC (Single Point of Contact) for their team/service and/or are a 1st responder.
It is aimed at:
• Staff who would like to become the SPOC for their team/service
• 1st responder organisations who have a duty to complete the NRM
• SPOCs who have already completed the training.
• To recruit new SPOCs and raise awareness
• To refresh and increase knowledge and confidence in identifying and addressing modern slavery
• To raise awareness of the legislation and legal framework of modern slavery
• To apply the learning to the NRM process through the use of case studies to demonstrate roles and responsibilities of all organisations.
By the end of the session it is anticipated you will have:
• Increased your awareness and understanding of modern slavery, the context, prevalence and implications for services
• Identified your specific responsibilities and where to access support
• Considered your role as a SPOC and had the opportunity to meet and learn from others across East Sussex
• Understood the NRM process and importance of your role as a 1st responder.
This training is taking place at:
36-38 Friars Walk