Teach and refresh high level PRICE restrictive physical restraint to manage crisis in secure settings.
Participants new to ESCC must have attended a 3 day PRICE induction.
Existing ESCC employees must have attended a 1 day PRICE refresher in the last 12 months.
To teach and refresh high level PRICE restrictive physical restraint to manage crisis in secure settings.
Only open to staff from Lansdowne Secure Children’s Home
Staff from Lansdowne Secure Children’s Home
PREPARATION AND FOLLOW UP:
• Course content includes some difficult themes – any staff who might be effected by this should speak with their manager and/ or trainer before the course or as issues arise.
• Participants will have their temperature taken on arrival and be required to sign that they have not been in contact with anyone who has symptoms of Covid-19.
• Staff need to be aware that this course is physically demanding
• Staff should be aware that this course involves close physical contact with other participants and trainers.
• All participants will practise restraints and have restraint practised on them.
• Please ensure you have completed the health questionnaire prior to starting the course.
PLEASE BRING WITH YOU:
• A packed lunch and all you snacks and drinks for the day
• A clean top to change into
• Participants will be required to wear a mask when engaged in physical contact
• Please bring additional waterproof footwear/wellington boots during the winter months or if it has been raining heavily
• Suitable clothing for close physical contact and which you do not mind being pulled
• You will also need closed, flat footwear that you are able to move around in, for example trainers.
(Information in BOLD is only relevant while Covid-19 restrictions are in place)
Please bring a packed lunch and refreshments.