This course will support governing boards with all aspects of self-review. It will explore the rationale and preferred outcomes of this type of activity, as well as providing practical tools and advice. The overall aim of the course is to help governing boards to develop and hone their ongoing review and self-evaluation activity so that governance contributes effectively to school leadership and improvement.
1. Help governors understand the reasons for undertaking a self-review
2. Provide review tools
3. Explore best practice for governance review and self-evaluation activity
After attending this course, governors will be able to:
1. Appreciate the reasons for governing board self-review and how this process can help to improve governance
2. Support their governing boards in preparing for and undertaking a self-review with a range of tools
3. Understand how to use governing board self-review outcomes as part of the school improvement cycle
Governors, Clerks and Chair of Governors in East Sussex Maintained Primary, Secondary and Special schools, East Sussex Primary, Secondary and Special Academies, East Sussex Independent and Free schools.
This is a strategic course.
This training will be delivered using Microsoft Teams.
Delegates' email addresses as registered on the portal will be provided to the trainer for the purpose of conducting this training only. Delegates should ensure that their work (not personal) email addresses are recorded - check and update as necessary through 'My Profile and Bookings/Change Contact Details'.
Joining Instructions: Full joining instructions, including links to access the training and MS Teams guidance, will be attached to your confirmation email as downloadable links. Please ensure that you read these prior to the course and keep them in a safe place.
Please check your spam/junk mail folders for expected emails not showing in your inbox, and take action to ensure these get delivered to your inbox in future. Please also ensure you block the time out in your calendar.
For security reasons your session is about to expire. You will be automatically signed out in
To continue your session, select Stay Signed In.