‘Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) in the Workplace’ is a two day accredited training course which teaches people how to identify, understand and help their ESCC colleagues who may be experiencing a mental health issue.
You’ll learn to recognise warning signs of mental ill health, and develop the skills and confidence to approach and support someone whilst keeping yourself safe.
The course covers how to support someone to access the resources they might need for recovery or successful management of symptoms. This could include self-help books or websites, accessing therapy services through their GP or place of work, online self-referral, support groups, and much more.
It is essential that your line manager is made aware of the following at the time of, and before approving, your application.
What managers are agreeing to when approving their staff member’s attendance on this course:
You will gain:
What you are committing to:
• Undertaking the accredited training and any additional training (where required) to acquire and maintain your MHFA certificate.
• Becoming part of the pool of accredited MHFAers and providing mental health first aid within your workplace as needed, at your level of competence and training.
• Being able to be called away from your normal duties at short notice if required.
• Maintaining confidentiality and boundaries as appropriate
• Acting as a Mental Health Champion and partaking in ad-hoc wellbeing events (when required and dependent on needs of the service);
• Partaking in post training support, meetings, wellbeing/service updates and ad-hoc events as required/directed
• taking reasonable care for their own health, safety and wellbeing whilst at work
For more information about the support you can expect to receive and what you’re committing to, please refer to the attached supporting guidance and commitments document by clicking on the "attached document" at the top of this page.
We have completed a Covid-19 risk assessment on the Training Centre Rooms and mitigating actions are in place. If you are at a high risk of Covid-19 please complete an Individual Covid-19 Risk Assessment with your manager and send to firstname.lastname@example.org at least one week before the course date.
Please bring an extra layer of clothing as training centre windows may be opened for ventilation
Please note, parking around St Mary’s House is limited.
Corporate Training offer a selection of hot drinks and biscuits.
For security reasons your session is about to expire. You will be automatically signed out in
To continue your session, select Stay Signed In.