This introductory course is for staff that have not previously undertaken any young people's sexual health training, but will have contact with young people as part of their work with the whole family.
The objectives for this training workshop are to enable participants to:
• Have open, honest and practical conversations with young people about sex and relationships.
• Discuss confidentiality and the Law in relation to young people together with how this impacts on working with young people.
• Give young people sexual health information, including where to obtain specialist sexual health advice.
• Develop Sex and Relationship Education (SRE) within their own work.
The related Early Help Competency Framework requirements for this course are:
• Understand the relationships and consequences of sex for young people (sexually transmitted infection and risk of pregnancy).
• Ability to appropriately explore relationships and young person’s readiness for sex.
Refreshments are provided but lunch is not