Page 1 of 1
Religious Education is the only curriculum area that has a locally agreed syllabus rather than a national curriculum. It is a subject that is has statutory regulation to support its teaching. East Sussex is embarking on a statutory review of the Local Agreed Syllabus and this is an opportunity for governors to be updated and to be able to put forward their perspective on the work that is currently underway to improve the standing and quality of RE teaching in the county.
This session for governors will:
• Give an overview of the Local Agreed Syllabus developments to support governors in their monitoring role
• Ensure that governors understand the statutory position of RE and collective worship in all schools
• Give an opportunity for questions and discussion around the proposals for the new Local Agreed Syllabus
• Share the timelines and plans for first teaching of the new syllabus
• Support governors to be able to support their schools with implementing the new requirements
• Update governors on the Ofsted Research Review of RE
This course will equip corporate managers with the skills necessary to enable them to under stand how to effectively manage health and safety within their areas of responsibility. Please note - The Managing Key Issue in H & S for ASC managers is organised by the ASC Training Team.
This training is expected to be delivered via Microsoft Teams.Essential Information
For security reasons your session is about to expire. You will be automatically signed out in
To continue your session, select Stay Signed In.